Updated: 26 May 2023
- How is the amount due calculated?
- Me and my colleague added the same client, will we be charged twice for the same client?
- Who can see my subscription, billing and payment information?
- How do I change or cancel my subscription?
- Will I get a refund if I cancel my subscription or go down a tier mid-period?
- What payment methods does Aider accept?
- How do I add, remove, or change my payment method?
- Will my payment card details be stored safely?
- How do I change my billing contact?
Go to Aider’s Advisory Platform
How does billing work?
Here at Aider, we use a secure payment gateway system (Stripe) to automatically bill and collect payment for your account.
- Because our pricing is designed to suit you, you can choose to be billed monthly OR annually. Depending on which you choose, you will either be billed once per month on the same day each month, or once per year on the same day each year.
- Your billing will start on the date that you enter your payment details and start your paid subscription.
- You will be billed once per month OR once per year on the same date (depending on whether you choose a monthly subscription or an annual subscription).
- You will be billed in advance at the start of a billing period rather than in arrears. The amount will be based on your actual usage in the prior billing period. So if your total number of clients in Aider changes during a period and results in a change in pricing tier, your bill for the next period will be prorated to reflect the portion of the period you’re on each pricing tier.
- Payment will be taken automatically on the billing date. If you have more than one payment method set up, payment will be taken from your default payment method. Your invoices and receipts will be available under ‘Invoice History’ on the 'Manage Subscription' screen.
You can manage your subscription and billing setup by selecting ‘Account Settings’ (bottom icon on the left blue bar) > 'Manage Subscription'.
How is the amount due calculated?
On your invoices and current plan summary, your amount due is based on:
- Quantity of Aider Base Platform (per client) - this shows the number of clients you currently have on the platform.
- Flat fee - this is the tier price due based on the number of clients you currently have on the platform.
- If you have a discount code, then you will also see the discount amount applicable.
- If you are in New Zealand, then you will also see the GST amount applicable.
Can I pay manually upon receiving an invoice instead of setting up monthly automatic payments?
No, we do not offer a manual billing and payment option. Please set up your payment method for automatic billing and payment. If you have any questions about your bills, please contact our friendly Customer Success Team.
Can I specify what day of the month or year automatic payments are taken?
No, the billing date is determined by the day you enter your payment information and start your paid subscription. Subsequent bills and payments will be this same day of the month OR same day of the year for all future months/ years (depending on whether you choose a monthly or annual subscription).
How do I get a copy of my invoices and receipts of my Aider payments?
Your invoices and receipts will be listed under ‘Invoice History’. Simply select ‘Account Settings’ (bottom icon on the left blue bar) > 'Manage Subscription' > ‘Invoice History’.
How do I find out what clients we are being charged for?
If you are the person who set up the practice account initially, you will be designated as the practice ‘Admin’ and you will be able to see all of your clients currently connected to your practice account. If you have been invited to join the practice account, please contact your practice ‘Admin’ to find out what clients are currently connected to your practice.
How is my total bill calculated if I add or remove clients during my monthly or yearly subscription?
Any changes you make to the number of clients will only be reflected in your bill for the following month or year.
For Monthly Subscriptions:
- If you are on a monthly Aider subscription and wish to add or remove clients to/from your account, this may trigger a change in pricing tier (if the number of clients added or removed is outside of your current pricing tier bracket).
- If you are already midway in your billing month, your next bill will be prorated to reflect the change in tier mid-month. You can see a rough estimate for this prorated bill under ‘Account Settings’ > ‘Manage Subscription’ > ‘Current Plan’, and a full breakdown in your invoice. From the following month onward your bill will be the new tier price assuming there’s no further tier change.
- For more information, please contact our friendly Customer Success Team.
For Yearly Subscriptions:
- If you are on a discounted annual Aider subscription and add clients resulting in going up a pricing tier, our team will get in touch to settle the difference in price for the remainder of the billing year that you prepaid.
- If you remove clients resulting in going down a pricing tier, your new annual pricing will take effect on your annual plan renewal date.
- You can also choose to switch to a standard priced monthly subscription for your plan renewal. Please note there is no refund for prepaid annual subscription.
- For more information, please contact our friendly customer success team.
Me and my colleague added the same client, will we be charged twice for the same client?
No. Your clients are counted at a practice level. If you and your colleague share the same client, that client is only counted once in your billing calculation.
Who can see my subscription, billing and payment information?
Any advisor in your practice who has access to your Aider account can manage your subscription and billing. For your protection, payment card information will only display the last four digits of your card number, as well as the expiration date.
How do I change or cancel my subscription?
- For monthly subscriptions, tier change is automatic based on the total number of clients during the period.
- For annual subscriptions, our team will get in touch with billing information updates, should the total number of clients exceed the maximum for your current pricing tier. You will have the option to upgrade by settling the price difference for the remainder of the billing year, or arrange to have clients removed from the platform. Your bill for the following billing year will be the new tier's annual price.
- To cancel your subscription, simply select ‘Account Settings’ (bottom icon on the left blue bar) > 'Manage Subscription' > ‘Cancel Plan’.
Cancellation takes effect on the plan renewal date. You can find this date on your subscription management page. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours to process a cancellation request. So please ensure you cancel at least 24 hours before your plan renewal date.
Once your cancellation takes effect, access to Aider will automatically be disabled for all of your advisors. If you cancel mid-period, your advisors can continue to use the platform for the remainder of the period.
To reactivate your service, simply select ‘Update Payment Settings’ > ‘Renew Plan’.
Will I get a refund if I cancel my subscription or go down a tier mid-period?
No, your subscription will simply be cancelled starting with the next billing period. Your Aider account will continue to be available for the rest of the current billing month or year (depending on whether you are on a monthly or annual subscription) which you would have already paid for. You will not receive a refund for the time that you have already paid for, however you can still use the platform during that leftover time.
What payment methods does Aider accept?
We accept payment by credit and debit card only.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, and UnionPay.
How do I add, remove, or change my payment method?
- To manage your payment method, select ‘Account Settings’ (bottom icon on the left blue bar) > 'Manage Subscription' > ‘Payment Method’.
- To set up a new payment method, select the ‘Add Payment Method’ option under ‘Payment Method’ – then enter your payment card information. If you already have another payment method set up as your default, you can choose to use the new payment method as your default instead.
- To remove a payment method, select the “...” next to that payment method, then ‘Delete’ from the pop-up menu. If a payment method is the default payment method, you won't be able to delete it until you set up or choose another payment method as the default payment method.
- To change the default payment method, select the “...” next to the payment method you want to use, and select ‘Make Default’ from the pop-up menu.
Will my payment card details be stored safely?
Payment methods that you set up via 'Manage Subscription' > ‘Add Payment Method’ screen will be stored securely. Your card information will be protected in accordance with international PCI compliance regulations. Only the last four digits of your card, along with its expiration date will be displayed on the 'Manage Subscription' screen.
How do I change my billing contact?
The first advisor within your practice to set up the payment method will become your billing contact.
- To see who your current billing contact is, select ‘Account Settings’ (bottom icon on the left blue bar) > 'Manage Subscription' > ‘Billing Information’.
- To change your billing contact, select ‘Update Information’ under ‘Billing Information’. Here, you can change your email address, billing address and contact phone number.