Step-by-step guide on setting up and using 1-click custom report styling
Updated: 6 June 2023
You can easily customise how the Aider Monthly Reports look to match your firm's branding and colour palette. All that's required is a one-time set-up to create a custom Word Style Set for your reports. After this, when you download your reports, simply select your custom Word Design Style Set and the entire report will be automatically updated - no need to select and format each individual piece of content.
- How to set up a custom Word Design Style Set
- How to apply your custom Word Design Style Set to your Aider Monthly Reports
How to set up a custom Word Design Style Set
- Download and open Aider-Report-Word-Customisation-Template.docx.
Customise the text and/or paragraph styling for the following Word Styles:
- Heading 1 - Heading 5: The template shows where these are used in the reports.
- To customise a Word Style, in the Home tab's Style Gallery, right-click on the Style (e.g. Heading 1) and select Modify... in the popup menu.
- Change the text styling and paragraph spacing as needed. E.g. change the font, text size, text colour, bold or not, line spacing. As you update each style you should see its impact in the template content.
- When you are happy with the way the text Styles look in the template, go to the Design tab.
- In the Style Set Gallery (to the right of the "Theme" button), right click on This Document's Style Set (first item in the Gallery). Select Save... and save your custom Style Set.
Congratulation! You're now all set for 1-click styling of your client reports.
How to apply your custom Word Design Style Set to your Aider Monthly Reports
- Download and open your client's report. Go to the Design tab.
- Select your saved custom Style Set (2nd item in the Style Set Gallery) to apply your firm's custom styles to the report content.
Congratulation, your report now reflects your firm's branding. You can edit the content as needed and send it off to your client.